SisterJennifer

Who are Believers according to Quran?

27 posts in this topic

"And ordain for us good in this world, and in the Hereafter. Certainly we have turned unto You." He said: (As to) My Punishment I afflict therewith whom I will and My Mercy embraces all things. That (Mercy) I shall ordain for those who are pious and give Zakah; and those who believe in Our Signs;* Those who follow the Messenger (Muhammad), the unlettered Prophet whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them, he enjoins upon them that which is virtuous and forbids them that which is evil; he allows them all that is good and forbids for them all that is foul. And he releases them from their burdens and from the shackles that were upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, assist him and follow the light which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful." (Quran 7:156-157)

1. Believers are those who follow the Messenger Mohammad salla Allah a`lyhee wa sallam.

Why would we need to clearly know the characteristics of the believers????

Because the Messenger Sallah Allah a`lyhee wa sallam says in hadeeth:

Narrated Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri:
that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Beware of the believer's intuition, for indeed he sees with Allah's Light." Then he recited: Surely in this are signs for those who see (15:75).
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ أَبِي الطَّيِّبِ، حَدَّثَنَا مُصْعَبُ بْنُ سَلاَّمٍ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ قَيْسٍ، عَنْ عَطِيَّةَ، عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ اتَّقُوا فِرَاسَةَ الْمُؤْمِنِ فَإِنَّهُ يَنْظُرُ بِنُورِ اللَّهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ قَرَأَ ‏:‏ ‏(‏ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِلْمُتَوَسِّمِينَ ‏)‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ غَرِيبٌ إِنَّمَا نَعْرِفُهُ مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ وَقَدْ رُوِيَ عَنْ بَعْضِ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ فِي تَفْسِيرِ هَذِهِ الآيَةِ ‏:‏ ‏(‏ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِلْمُتَوَسِّمِينَ ‏)‏ قَالَ لِلْمُتَفَرِّسِينَ ‏.‏
Grade : Da'if (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 1, Book 44, Hadith 3127 Arabic reference : Book 47, Hadith 341

who does not need this? instead of killing yourself to understand this, or know that, or be cautious of this person,..etc.

Just work hard on developing and acquiring the characteristics of the believer, Allah Shall Grant you the ability to see through an endowed light from Allah. What more do you want?????

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead