Karbala

Ask a Shia

300 posts in this topic

:assalam: ,

May Allah shower His peace and blessings on all of you. I have seen many misconceptions of the Shia on this forum. As a practising Shia I would like to make clear our beliefs. Feel free to ask any questions about us I will not be offended.

:assalam: ,

May Allah shower His peace and blessings on all of you. I have seen many misconceptions of the Shia on this forum. As a practising Shia I would like to make clear our beliefs. Feel free to ask any questions about us I will not be offended.

WOW

Good question. I plan on only replying strictly to the premises of the question. Since this is a sensitive topic I appeal to others to leave their emotions aside.

Regarding Abu Bakr and Umar ibn alKhattab the Shia consider them as fallible human beings who are not above criticism. It wouldnt be an understatement to say that in general there is a great deal of resentment towards some of the actions these two personalities are alleged to have done.

This strictly is then the answer to the question. I have avoided going into details of why, successorship etc etc because that was not part of the question. If anyone wants to know more simply ask.

Bismillah

According to Shia beliefs, how many of the verses in the Qur'an are fabricated and how many do you believe are left out?

thanks for the candor

Assalamualaikum

Do u do anything special on a full moon or new moon ? and do all men put their car keys in a bowl once a year and the women choose from the bowl and , hence they have them for the night ?

:wasalam:

The Shia believe that the Quran is complete and free from any Tahreef or distortion. As the Quran testifies itself

Surely We have revealed the Reminder and We will most surely be its guardian (15:9)

No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise." Al-Quran 41:42

I could quote 100s of Statements and Fatawa given by our Ulema (because every single one of them believes in the completeness of the Quran) but I will suffice with 2. 1 early and 1 contemporary.

"Our belief is that the Quran which Allah revealed to His Prophet

Muhammad is (the same as) the one between the two covers (daffatayn).

And it is the one which is in the hands of the people, and is not

greater in extent than that. The number of surahs as generally

accepted is one hundred and fourteen ...And he who asserts that we say

that it is greater in extent than that, is a liar."

Shi'i reference: Shi'ite Creed (al-I'tiqadat al-Imamiyyah), by Shaykh

Saduq, English version, p77. (cited in al-islam.org)

"From the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his family) until today, not one word of the Qur'an has been

edited, altered, added, omitted, lost, distorted, or otherwise changed."

(Invitation to Islam by Syed Moustafa al-Qazwini Published by: Islamic Educational Center of Orange County, California cited in al-islam.org)

Assalamualaikum

Do u do anything special on a full moon or new moon ? and do all men put their car keys in a bowl once a year and the women choose from the bowl and , hence they have them for the night ?

No :unsure: but I remember a TV ad something like that.

Bismillah

Pls allow me to welcome you Karabla to our board, Insh aAllah I feel that your membership will enrich the board and allow us a dialogue with a real Shia to have real answers that you will asked about before Allah.

I have other questions, but let me sit and watch for now as my brothers are making their inquiries in order to allow u time and chance.

Bismillah

Sorry, couldnt get off without elaborating. How far the resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar may Allah be pleased with both of them and all other companions is expressed?? I mean which level, how strong? what is the position????

Bismillah

According to Shia, to whom was the Angel Jibril supposed to reveal the Qur'an? How do Shia view Jibril?

Muslimah- knew you couldn't resist! :)

Bismillah

jazakum Allah khairan Dan,

to whom was the Angel Jibril supposed to reveal the Qur'an

that was the question in mind and yes couldnt resist.

Bismillah

According to Shia, to whom was the Angel Jibril supposed to reveal the Qur'an? How do Shia view Jibril?

Muslimah- knew you couldn't resist! :)

The Shia believe that Gabriel is one of the most honoured Archangles of Allah (swt) free from error who executes the exact command of his Lord like all Angels. Gabriel is the one upon whom the revelation of the Quran unto The Prophet of Mercy Muhammad(saw) was entrusted.

2:96 Say: "Whoever is the enemy of Gabriel for surely he revealed it to your heart by Allah's Command, verifying that which is before it, and guidance and good news for the believers

2:97 Whoever is the enemy of Allah and His angels and His apostles and Gabriel and Michael - so surely Allah is the enemy of the unbelievers"

Allama Tabatabai a famous Shia exegete makes the following statements about these verses.

"Gabriel is one of the angels of Allah; he has no authority except to follow and obey the Divine Command - just like Michael and other angels. They are honored servants of Allah; they do not disobey His command, and they do as they are told."

So far as the revelation of the Qur'an is concerned, neither Gabriel has any choice or authority of his own in bringing it down (he is subject to the Divine command, which he faithfully carries out) nor the Apostle of Allah (s.a.w.a.) has any choice or authority of his own in receiving it and conveying it to his ummah; his heart is the receptacle of revelation, on which he has no control at all and which he is bound to convey to his people.

AlMizan by Allama Tabatabai (cited in http://almizan.org/tafseer/Volume2/Baqarah19.asp)

As for the identification of the person this revelation was sent to that is fairly obvious but in the spirit if comprehensiveness.

47:2 But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

Another famous Shia exegete Agha Pooya Yazdi commenting on this verse.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The repeated reference to the belief in the Holy Prophet excludes the people of the book (Jews and Christians) from "the believers", though they may believe in Allah. because they do not believe in the final revelation (the Quran) revealed to the last messenger of Allah, the Holy Prophet.

commentary by Agha Puya / S.V. Mir Ahmed Ali. (cited in http://al-islam.org/quran/)

Hope this answers your question beyond doubt.

Bismillah

Sorry, couldnt get off without elaborating. How far the resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar may Allah be pleased with both of them and all other companions is expressed?? I mean which level, how strong? what is the position????

:bismillah:

Allow me to rephrase the question to clear ambiguity. You are asking

1. How far; to what level; how strong is resentment toward AbuBakr and Umar EXPRESSED.

2. What is the Postion of Shia towards these two.

1. The first question about expression is a subjective question. No generality about extent of expression can be established as different Shia people may express their resentments differently. In general it can be said that there definitely exists resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar. To what extent I cannot say and it doesnt really matter. We are not concerned with the actions of the Shia people but rather the official position of the The school of AhlulBayt or school of Imamiya according to the Grand Shia scholars. There is no (to my knowledge) fatwa or ruling from any of the contemporary Grand Ulema regarding expression of resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar specifically. Your question may have to be more specific.

2. I would be very hard pressed to find an official statement that is representative of the position of the Shia on the personalities of AbuBakr and Umar. Im not sure what you are asking for? The Ulema dont really concern themselves with personal judgements on the personalities of Abu Bakr or Umar.

However there are official Shia stances on certain incidents involving AbuBakr and Umar. Amongst the discourses of the Ulema you will definitely find criticisms and condemnation of certain acts of the First two Caliphs. You may even find descriptions of The first two Caliphs based on their actions.

Again I have avoided going into details. If you want specific answers then you will have to ask specific questions.

Bismillah

According to your understanding, then, what is the difference between Shia and Ahl ul-Sunnah?

Bismillah

According to your understanding, then, what is the difference between Shia and Ahl ul-Sunnah?

The question is very open ended and almost demands a multivolume book to be comprehensive. You are warned the answer may be lengthy. There is one MAJOR problem in answering this question.

I do not claim to be qualified to identify the beliefs of the Ahl al-Sunnah. In this matter I will appeal for the goodwill of others to show patience. If I make a mistake in this regard it is simply down to ignorance rather than malice. I will happily take corrections and criticisms. In any case I will do my best to refrain from stating the position of Ahl al-Sunnah and do my best to stick to the viewpoint of the School of AhlulBayt.

Nevertheless this humble servant with his weak understanding can only try his best.

Perhaps the most striking difference is regarding the position of Imamate or Leadership in Islam. For us the institution of Imamate is quite unique. Imam is used in the Quran in many different senses. The Imamate I refer to here is the Imamate vicegerency or Imamate synonymous with Khilafah.

1. An Imam or Khalifah is necessary at all times as it is demanded by the Lutf (Grace) of Allah(swt)

2. The Imam must be appointed only by Allah(swt).

3. The Imam must be Ma'sum or infallible.

4. The Imam must be Afhal or superior (in terms of knowledge piety etc)

al-'Allamah al-Hilli: al-Babu 'l-hadi 'ashar (cited in Imamate The Vicegerency of the Prophet by Sayyid Sa'eed Akhtar Rizvi http://al-islam.org/imamate)

Following are some verses on point 2.

2. The Imam(or Khalifa) must be appointed only by Allah(swt).

2:30 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a خَلِيفَةً (Khalifa) on earth."

38:26 O David! We did indeed make thee a خَلِيفَةً(Khalifa) on earth

2:124 And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an إِمَامًا (Imam) to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

21:73 And We made them أَئِمَّةً (Imams), guiding by Our Command

20:13 "I have chosen thee (Moses): listen, then, to the inspiration (sent to thee).

28:68 Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah. and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!

33:36 It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

I think I will end here. I suspect that this discussion will not end here. If anyone wants to disagree or oppose any of my points can they please be specific and point to which part they disagree and state their evidences.

:wasalam:

Tuqya(Lying) is from the manhaj of the shi'a. Yet may of the common people from them are ignorant of the core beliefs of this group. Which sect of the Shi'a are you from? The Raafidhah have many sects within them ----

Aaghaa'khaaniyyah

al-Baabiyyah

al-Baaqiriyyah

al-Ismaa'eeliyyah

al-Ithnaa'Ashariyyah and many

Zaydee

And theres more.........

I shall endeavour to speak of the deviant Shi'a who have stained the name of Islaam, preferring to adhere to their own cocktail of whims and desires, Faaaaaaaaar from the Qur.aan and the authentic Sunnah as understood by the best of generations, namely the Sahaabah, the Taabi'oon and the Atbaa' at-Taabi'een, in short, the pious predecessors, inshaa.-Allaah. Theres no need to play games with these people weather they are from the ulema of them or just the blind followers. from the statements of our noble messenger should be enough...

Zahdam ibn Mudrab narrated: I heard 'Imraan ibn Husayn saying: The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((The best people are those living in my generation, then those coming after them, and then those coming after (the second generation).)), [saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 3/219]

'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radhi-yallaahu 'anhu) narrated: The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((The people of my generation are the best, then those who follow them, and then those who follow the latter)), [saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 3/820]

'Aa.ishah (radhi-yallaahu 'anhaa) narrated that: A person asked Allaah's Apostle (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) as to who amongst the people were the best. He said:

((Of the generation to which I belong, then of the second generation (generation adjacent to my generation), then of the third generation (generation adjacent to the second generation).)), [saheeh Muslim 6159]

It's enough for a man to be astray who seek to justify finding fault with the best generation, Regardless of who he may be

Allow me to rephrase the question to clear ambiguity. You are asking

1. How far; to what level; how strong is resentment toward AbuBakr and Umar EXPRESSED.

2. What is the Postion of Shia towards these two.

1. The first question about expression is a subjective question. No generality about extent of expression can be established as different Shia people may express their resentments differently. In general it can be said that there definitely exists resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar. To what extent I cannot say and it doesnt really matter. We are not concerned with the actions of the Shia people but rather the official position of the The school of AhlulBayt or school of Imamiya according to the Grand Shia scholars. There is no (to my knowledge) fatwa or ruling from any of the contemporary Grand Ulema regarding expression of resentment towards Abu Bakr and Umar specifically. Your question may have to be more specific.

2. I would be very hard pressed to find an official statement that is representative of the position of the Shia on the personalities of AbuBakr and Umar. Im not sure what you are asking for? The Ulema dont really concern themselves with personal judgements on the personalities of Abu Bakr or Umar.

However there are official Shia stances on certain incidents involving AbuBakr and Umar. Amongst the discourses of the Ulema you will definitely find criticisms and condemnation of certain acts of the First two Caliphs. You may even find descriptions of The first two Caliphs based on their actions.

Again I have avoided going into details. If you want specific answers then you will have to ask specific questions.

I came across an authentic narration in Al-Lu'lu' wal-Marjan-A Collection of agreed upon Ahadith from the two Shaikhs Bukharee and Muslim.... from amr bin Al-As that he said "The Prophet deputed me to lead the army of Dhat-as-salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is most beloved to you? He said, Aisha." I asked, Amoung the men? He said her father(meaning Abu Bakr) I said, Who than?" He said"Then Umar bin Al-Khattab" He then named other men.

Sahih al-Bukharee, hadeeth no.14, vol.5

Ummm, and the Shi'a have a problem with these two beloved ones to the Messenger of Allah(saws)... May Allah guide them -or disfigure their faces for all to see.... amen

Bismillah

as salalm alykom brother

[May Allah guide them -or disfigure their faces for all to see.... amen

ameen to the first part and why the second brother, u think this is the proper approach to steer a healthy dialogue?

I dont think so. I very well remember on one of your very first ppsts u sort of criticised the manner of some muslims on this board towards mon muslims.

Such approach shall discourage the other party to continue the dialogue. I think that having a shia on board is very important and a good chance for all of us to come togehter. Even he warned and said we must keep emotions aside. Brother we, and before us Allah, Listens to non muslims slandering Him and disbelieving in Him and continue to shelter them...

Well let us just allow a chance for others to continue talking pls.

Bismillah

How is your Imam appointed only by Allah now since the Wahy has ended?

By this, you mean without sin?

Bismillah

as salalm alykom brother

ameen to the first part and why the second brother, u think this is the proper approach to steer a healthy dialogue?

Yes, Absolutely! if you knew what i know You would understand... guidance or distruction.. what else is there after no guidance... See I'm clear on My deen -aqeedatan, Manhaaj- and Ibaadah... Yet one who is weak may listen to this deception nd be softened by it, than begin to accept the baatil.....I am not in need of debate or dialog with the opposers to the Pure Islam which Allah sent with His Noble Prophet... I'd rather dialog with a christian... because I know what they are about and they aren't trying to creep into Our deen and corrupt it. We Muslims should have some jelousy for the deen. too many have died so we could have it today.... Dialog is for the one who is not clear.... I'll look for the statements of the salaf as it relates to the mub'tadi'een and deviants of the past... They wouldn't even listen to their recitation of the Qur'an, for fear of their deviation..... And anyway Ahlul Sunnah do NOT argue with Ahlul ahwa, or ahlul bid'ah. after the proofs have been brought... and we dont lower anyone except with daleel

Happy dialoggin

As salaamu alaikum

How is your Imam appointed only by Allah now since the Wahy has ended?

Good questions.

Wahy concerning religious injunctions had indeed been completed with the Prophet of Mercy :saws2:

After the Holy Prophet it isnt possible for anyone to recieve Wahy concerning religious affairs.

5:3 This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

We believe that the institution of Imamate and Leadership after the Holy Prophet :saws2: was not ignored in this revelation. The Imams were then chosen by Allah and communicated to the Ummah via the Holy Prophet :saws2: . We believe he mentioned very clearly who were to be leaders after him and these were direct commandments of Allah(swt).

33:36 It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger.......

53:3 Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire.

53:4 It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,

By this, you mean without sin?

Yes.

I promised i wouldnt get offended. Indeed there is no use for derogatory language like Rafidha, disfiguring faces. Nevertheless Brother Abdulwalee brought many points which I may address.

Which sect of the Shi'a are you from?

I belong to the Ithna Ashari which is the overwhelming majority of Shia found in Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pak-Indo subcontinent, Persian and Arab Gulf and Some african countries like Nigeria.

Tuqya(Lying) is from the manhaj of the shi'a.

Taqiyyah or disimulation means concealing one's religion or faith due to fear, but in one's heart, the person must believe in the religion s/he is concealing. It is a necessary religious protection granted by Shariah to safeguard life, property and belief.

Consider the Following verses.

3:28 Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah. except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.

16:106 Any one who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters Unbelief,- except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty.

It should be clear that in certain circumstances Concealment or dissimulation may be required as way of precaution of compulsion. This in a nutshell is Taqiyyah. Here is an example from history.

Narrated Ikrima bin Khalid:

Ibn 'Umar said, "I went to Hafsa while water was dribbling from her twined braids. I said, 'The condition of the people is as you see, and no authority has been given to me.' Hafsa said, (to me), 'Go to them, and as they (i.e. the people) are waiting for you, and I am afraid your absence from them will produce division amongst them.' " So Hafsa did not leave Ibn 'Umar till we went to them. When the people differed. Muawiya addressed the people saying, "'If anybody wants to say anything in this matter of the Caliphate, he should show up and not conceal himself, for we are more rightful to be a Caliph than he and his father." On that, Habib bin Masalama said (to Ibn 'Umar), "Why don't you reply to him (i.e. Muawiya)?" 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "I untied my garment that was going round my back and legs while I was sitting and was about to say, 'He who fought against you and against your father for the sake of Islam, is more rightful to be a Caliph,' but I was afraid that my statement might produce differences amongst the people and cause bloodshed, and my statement might be interpreted not as I intended. (So I kept quiet) remembering what Allah has prepared in the Gardens of Paradise (for those who are patient and prefer the Hereafter to this worldly life)." Habib said, "You did what kept you safe and secure (i.e. you were wise in doing so)."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 434 cited in http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...ri/059.sbt.html.

:saws2:

((The best people are those living in my generation, then those coming after them, and then those coming after (the second generation).)), [saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 3/219]

Indeed there were many great personalities living during the generations of the Prophet of Mercy :saws2: . This however cannot be generalised to include every single person in those generations.

It's enough for a man to be astray who seek to justify finding fault with the best generation, Regardless of who he may be

When did I find fault with the "best generation". We find faults with the actions of certain individuals.

"The Prophet deputed me to lead the army of Dhat-as-salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is most beloved to you? He said, Aisha." I asked, Amoung the men? He said her father(meaning Abu Bakr) I said, Who than?" He said"Then Umar bin Al-Khattab" He then named other men.

Sahih al-Bukharee, hadeeth no.14, vol.5

Lets critically look a this Hadith. 2 Questions I will pose.

1. Was Aisha really the most beloved to The Holy Prophet :saws2: ?

2. Was AbuBakr and Umar ibn al-Khattab really more beloved to the Holy Prophet than Ali ibn Abi Talib ( :asalam: ).

1. Was Aisha really the most beloved to The Holy Prophet :saws2: ?

We believe Fatima to be higher in rank and piety.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once Fatima came walking and her gait resembled the gait of the Prophet . The Prophet said, "Welcome, O my daughter!" Then he made her sit on his right or on his left side, and then he told her a secret and she started weeping. I asked her, "Why are you weeping?" He again told her a secret and she started laughing. I said, "I never saw happiness so near to sadness as I saw today." I asked her what the Prophet had told her. She said, "I would never disclose the secret of Allah's Apostle ." When the Prophet died, I asked her about it. She replied. "The Prophet said.) 'Every year Gabriel used to revise the Qur'an with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death, and you will be the first of my family to follow me.' So I started weeping. Then he said. 'Don't you like to be the mistress of all the ladies of Paradise or the mistress of all the lady believers? So I laughed for that."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 819 cited in http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...ri/056.sbt.html

same hadiths recorded:

Sahih Muslim Book 031, Number 6004: Fatima, are you not pleased that you should be at the head of the believing women or the head of this Umma? cited in http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...im/031.smt.html

Sahih Muslim Book 031, Number 6005: Arn't you pleased that you should be the sovereign amongst the believing women or the head of women of this Umma? cited in http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...im/031.smt.html

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) drew four lines on the ground, then he said, "Do you know what this is?" We said, "Allaah and His Messenger know best." The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The best of the women of Paradise are Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid, Faatimah bint Muhammad, Aasiyah bint Mazaahim the wife of Pharaoh, and Maryam bint ‘Imraan – may Allaah be pleased with them."

Classed as saheeh by Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1135

Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, 2663

A narration attributed to `Abd Allah ibn `Abbas reports:

"The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: Four women are the mistress of the worlds: Mary, Asiya (the wife of Pharaoh), Khadija, and Fatimah. And the most excellent one among them in the world is Fatimah."

Tafsir ibn Kathir under the tafsir of verse 3:42

Sunan al-Tirmidhi, v5, p702 3878

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p157, (who said this tradition is authentic based on the criteria of two Shaikhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim);

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p135 2663

Also the Shia maintain that the most beloved wife to the Prophet :saws2: wasnt Aisha rather it was Khadija. To this affect history narrates that Aisha often felt jealous of Khadija:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her,

Consider the following statement from http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/history/biogra...T_ABI_BAKR.html

After Khadijah al-Kubra (the Great) and Fatimah az-Zahra (the Resplendent), Aishah as-Siddiqah (the one who affirms the Truth) is regarded as the best woman in Islam.

So far the hadith in question seems to failing in this first regard.

Inna hamdullillah wa Salaatu wa Slaam ala rasoolullah

You've brought narrations and some proofs with the attempt to make some of the beliefs of the shi'a legitamate. But by this you mean falsehood. The matter is finished many of the people of the shi'a have come out openly explaining their beliefs. I live near Dearborn Michigan. I've heard most of these narrations, which seem to have truth on the side but really falsehood is it's goal.

al-Ithnaa 'Ashariyyah

They are the twelve sects from amongst the Raafidhah who claim the infallibility of their twelve imaams, who are: 'Alee ibn Abee Taalib, al-Hasan ibn 'Alee, al-Husayn ibn 'Alee, Faatimah bint Muhammad, Ja'far as-Saadiq, 'Alee ar-Ridhaa, al-Hasan al-'Askaree, Ahmad al-Baaqir, Moosaa al-Kaathim, Muhammad al-Jawaad, as-Sajaad.

And this sect claims that these twelve imaams have special qualities which no-one else has, such as their claim that they know about the unseen, and they know when they are to die, and they know that which has happened and that which shall happen - all of this is according to the most authentic of their books, namely: "al-Kaafee fil-Usool" of al-Kaleenee.

Khomeini has a book in which he mentions the excellence of the Imaams (Hassan and Hussein) of the family of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) over and above the Prophets and the Messengers (`alayhim as-salaam); (So) based upon this (statement of his) he is not a Muslim.

I spoke to a man in my local area, He said to me that he thinks the Iranian Rafidee state is the only true Islamic state on the Earth !!!??? I explained to him that he is completely wrong, Iran is not a Islamic state at all. I then explained to him that the Shia Rawafid have many heretical beliefs that are clearly major kufr. I cited some statements from the Book of the founder of this filthy state Ayatush Shaytan, the Kaafir Khomeini (May Allah's Curse be upon him), in his book(s) he makes takfir of all the sahaba with the exception of a few. And he says (something like):

"Our Imams (The Imams of the Rawafid) have reached such a station and rank, that makes them more superior to the Prophets.."

And:

"The Imams control All the atoms of the Universe..And they decide when they die...." (Shirk in Allah's Ruboobiyah!)

And many other similar disastrous statements. I told him these statements can be found in the Shaytan Khomeini's book: 'Hukmutal Islaamiyah' and similar statments of apostacy can be found in Usool ul Kaafi of another Shaytan and Kaafir al-Qulayni (May Allah's curse also be upon him).

The man was shocked and amazed, and asked me for proof that the kaafir al-Khomeini and the kaafir al-Qulayni actually say this. He asked me to produce the books of these heretics so he can have a look for himself. I spoke to imam Elahi a while ago and I'm looking for his statements to confirm what he said to me. about their beliefs regarding Our Mother Aisha.

I also located a brief History of the Shi'a sect in it's inception:

The religion of the Shiah was founded by a Jew from Yemen called Abdullah bin Saba'. This religion has started with the assassination of the rightly guided Khalifa Uthman and branched into many sections.

Khalifa Uthman ruled for twelve years. The first six years were marked by internal peace and tranquility, but during the second half of his caliphate a rebellion arose. The Jews and the Magians, taking advantage of dissatisfaction among the people, began conspiring against Khalifa Uthman and by publicly airing their complaints and grievances, gained so much sympathy that it became difficult to distinguish friend from foe.

It may seem surprising that a ruler of such vast territories, whose armies were matchless, was unable to deal with these rebels. If Khalifa Uthman had wished, the rebellion could have been crushed at the very moment it began. But he was reluctant to be the first to shed the blood of Muslims (especially Sahâbah), however rebellious they might be. No one would ever expected what happened later. He preferred to reason with them, to persuade them with kindness and generosity. He well remembered hearing the Prophet Muhammad say, "Once the sword is unsheathed among my followers, it will not be sheathed until the Last Day."

The rebels demanded that he abdicate and some of the Companions advised him to do so. He would gladly have followed this course of action, but again he was bound by a solemn pledge he had given to the Prophet. "Perhaps God will clothe you with a shirt, Uthman" the Prophet had told him once, "and if the people want you to take it off, do not take it off for them." Khalifa Uthman said to a well-wisher on a day when his house was surrounded by the rebels, "God's Messenger made a covenant with me and I shall show endurance in adhering to it."

After a long siege, the rebels broke into Khalifa Uthman 's house and murdered him. When the first assassin's sword struck Khalifa Uthman , he was reciting the verse: "Verily, God sufficeth thee; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing" [2:137]

Ali accepted the caliphate very reluctantly. Uthman's murder and the events surrounding it were a symptom, and also became a cause, of civil strife on a large scale. All governors gave the pledge to Ali except Mu'awiyah , the governor of Sham (Great Syria). Mu'awiyah declined to obey until Uthman's blood was avenged. His decision was based on the fact that he is not required to obey the Caliph until he (Ali ) is able to enforce the rule of Allaah. Mu'awiyah was the cuisine of 'Uthman , so he was the responsible of asking Ali to bring the murderers to trial. The Prophet's widow Aaishah also took the position that Ali should first bring the murderers to trial. Due to the chaotic conditions during the last days of Khalifah Uthman it was very difficult to establish the identity of the murderers, and Ali refused to punish anyone whose guilt was not lawfully proved.

The pretext for the meeting of the armies on the day of the Camel and the day of Siffin was the demand for `Uthman's killers on the part of `Aaishah and Mu'awiyah , but the winds of war were fanned by the followers of Abdullah bin Saba' the Jew, from inside all three camps until events escaped the control of the Companions. It is related that `Ali, `Aaishah , and Mu'awiyah often expressed astonishment at the dissension and opposition that surrounded them.

After that some Shia declared Ali as a god. He then burned them alive with fire. After the killing of Abdullah bin Saba', Shia were divided into many new sects. Each one has its own Imaam.

The Seveners or Isma'ilis, like all Shiites, believe that the descendants of Muhammad , through his daughter Fatima and her husband Ali the fourth Caliph, are the rightful rulers of the Muslim world. Thus the descendants of Ali are considered infallible and as divinely guided as Muhammad himself. This sect derives its name from Isma'il, the eldest son of the sixth Imam, Jafar as-Sadiq. In 762 CE, Isma'il died before his father, which resulted in bitter disputes of succession. The minority of Shiites regarded the old line of Imams extinct and chose Isma'il's eldest son as the new Imam. Thus they proclaimed a cycle of seven Imams, Ali being the first and Isma'il the seventh, and thus the seventh Imaam after his line of Imams would be the Mahdi, or Messiah, or the seventh after him, etc..

The Isma'ilis have usually been small in numbers, but well organised and disciplined. Soon they developed into a cult, borrowing various ideas from Jewish mysticism, Greek philosophy, Babylonian astrology, Christian Gnosticism, etc.., When secular sciences were being employed in the Abbasid Empire, the Isma'ilis were thriving, and managed to recruit a large number of followers, who formed a well organised guerrilla army. By combining their scholarly skills and extraordinary underground network of spies, the Isma'ilis established their anti-Caliph in Egypt during the 10th century. They named his dynasty after Muhammad's daughter, and thus the name Fatimids emerged. In reality they are the dynasty of a Jew called Abdullah bin Qaddah, and that was they were called Abidi too. The Abidi State in Egypt quickly expanded and soon the Isma'ilis controlled western Syria and a large part of North Africa, killing thousands of Muslims. They also built a new capital, Fustat, near the ancient Pyramids, which in a few centuries grew to be the largest city in the Muslim world, under the name of Cairo.

When the Abidi dynasty was destroyed by the Abbasids, the Isma'ilis split into two sub-sects, Tayibiya and Niziriya, named after two Abidi princes. The former sect was soon transformed into a esoteric cult, which moved its activities underground and became invisible. The Niziriya sect transformed itself back into the pre-Abidi Isma'ilism, developing a network of agents and spies all over the Muslim world. The best known organization within the Niziriya was probably the drug-abusing Assassin sect, notorious for assassinations all over the Muslim world. Today, however, the Niziriya sect has turned pacifist and increasingly Westernized.

Out of the Assassin stronghold in Syria, two heterodox sub-sects have survived, the Alawite and the Druze. The Alawite sect is militant and combines radical theories from both Isma'il and Ithna Shia. The Druzes, on the other hand, have until more recently been more pacifistic, waiting for the return of their Mahdi, the psychotic Abidi Caliph al-Hakim, who 'disappeared' when he burned down his capital around 1000 CE. In the 13th century the Druzes closed their sect, and became a distinct tribe or nation. They serve today in the Israeli army against Palestinian Muslims.

The largest sect within Shia is the Ithna or Twelver, which follows the original line of Imams. When the Seveners chose the son of Isma'il to become the Imam, the majority of Shiites chose Isma'ils younger brother, Muza al-Kazim, as the seventh Imam. The Ithna adopt their 'Twelver' name from their belief in the twelfth Imam, Muhammad ibn al-Askari, who 'disappeared' one day and thus became the hidden Mahdi who would return to earth at the end of days. The 'Twelvers' worship their Imams, sometimes as the incarnation of Ali or Hussain. They form the vast majority of Shiites, including most Iranians and almost 50% of the Iraqi nation.

The third largest body in Shia is the Zaydi sect or the Fivers, prevailing in Yemen and among some Bedouin tribes in Saudi-Arabia. The Zaydi sect is more or less the deification of the 7th century Arabian culture, and it fiercely denounces the semi-divinity of Imams, contrary to the Twelvers. Their founder was the fifth Imam, Zayd ibn Abidin, who was a rationalist and thus denounced his alleged divinity. The Zaydi Imams are more like Bedouin sheikhs than divine authorities, and thus reject hereditary leadership, and are only visible during warfare.

There are said to be more than 70 small Shia sects all around the world. Probably the best example of these was the Bahai sect, which has been persecuted and refuted as anti-Islamic, but grows fast as a separate religion, basing its doctrines on 'world peace and harmony' and the unity of all religions. The center of the Bahai sect is in Israel !!!