Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whisper

An Important Quesion

25 posts in this topic

Here is a question for all and it is very important.

The Nature Of God or Allah in The Bible and The Qur'an.

In the Bible,

God sends messengers at first,

God then becomes man so as to show first hand the way, the light and the truth. (To Lead by example)

In the Qur'an

Allah sends messengers

Allah unlike God does not step foot on Earth to lead by example.

We all agree I'm sure that God or Allah can do anything and I accept that God or Allah doesn't need to step foot on the Earth

to show the way because God or Allah can do anything.

The question is - (Note there is only One God) - Which do you love the most (Exclude the "Should" love because you're either Christian or Muslim)

Who for you is more noble, the God of the Bible or Allah of the Qur'an?

hmmm...interesting indeed. but wouldnt you love God even more if He just killed Satan and placed you in Heaven right now?

You have the wrong idea my friend. You should understand what God is before. The supreme being, He describes it well in the Qoran. I dont know the part exactly, nor which verse it lies in (if any brother or sister knows please put it in for Whisper). The verse says something like, "If all men and Jinn throughout history until now combine together and form one body, they wont add nor subtract of Allah's power."

Allah doesnt need us Whisper, we are the ones that are in need of Him. However cruel it may sound to your ears, we are mere slaves to Allah. You know it too, yet I think you never looked at it in that direction.

Let me make it clearer. Defining the relationship between the Creator and the creation (us). We always ask forgivness from the Creator. We always ask guidance and blessing. We always seek protection from evils by Him. We always want to please Him. We always pray to Him. Reread these and tell me then what relationship is there between the Creator and the creation. Are we worth that God Himself "kills His own son" for us?

No doubt, God loves us alot. I never said otherwise, yet if we sin and cause trouble, and never ask His forgivness then He will be angered and punish us. Does that mean He doesnt love us? No. That only means we dont deserve His love and as you said earlier, God is most just.

In other words, it doesnt matter what God makes you happier in your life. Its what God that makes more sense and stands up to what He truely is. A might Lord and is in need for no one, yet loves everyone that obeys Him and those that dont....well, as long as they live, the gates of forgivness are open wide.

How can I be a slave if I have free will?

In a sense, that is the point I am making, the character of the God of the Bible and Allah Of the Qur'an are very different.

You say that we are all slaves, a slave is demanded to do something, in Islam that would be to submit to Allah.

How can the love you talk of, apply to Allah,

Forced love is devoid of sincerity.

*edited by Muslimah

You have the wrong idea my friend. You should understand what God is before. The supreme being, He describes it well in the Qoran. I dont know the part exactly, nor which verse it lies in (if any brother or sister knows please put it in for Whisper). The verse says something like, "If all men and Jinn throughout history until now combine together and form one body, they wont add nor subtract of Allah's power."

Allah doesnt need us Whisper, we are the ones that are in need of Him. [/quote:c8ccf0493b]

To Whisper: Maybe what Purgetory is saying is above your head. Who created who? God created us, or we created God? Sometimes it sounds very much as though you believe the latter. It is disturbing.

Also, we are not forced to love God. And I am sure no Muslim feels forced into love or worship. We have free will, if we wish to not love or worship Allah, or worship something other than Him, that is fine with him, and we will continue on with our merry lives, but someday the time will come when you will reap what you have sown.

Read about the 'character of God' in the bible before you declare them different. Not Jesus, GOD. Cover to Cover this time. And quit telling others to read it when you don't even know what is in there yourself. Why do you insist on comparing things you know nothing about?

And why do you keep avioding my question? :?

I don't mean to be pushy, but you come here and expect us to answer all your questionably informed questions, while refusing to answer ours.

It seems Purgetory's post fell on blind eyes, deaf ears.

I read all your posts, the fact is however is that there all safe posts, when I question you just as I question Purgetory above, he avoided many important points, and the reason for this is because to answer me properly would contradict his religion, and you too, Sister.

You just spin and spin, no direct answers, what was your question? The pointless one about where I 'm going to be a priest? - That's your top question?

If God killed Satan, God would be no better than Satan, that however cannot be.[/quote:b4b4453b98]

I'm sorry man, but I dont understand this. I hope you agree that God is good and Satan is bad. Why would God be bad if He kills Satan?

How can I be a slave if I have free will?[/quote:b4b4453b98]

O a slave has free will as well my friend. A slave can say no if he wants, non the less, he will get a whipping in the end. Same thing with you, you can rebel all you want now, yet dont be surprised when you see a can of whoopass opening in your face :wink: .

In a sense, that is the point I am making, the character of the God of the Bible and Allah Of the Qur'an are very different.[/quote:b4b4453b98]

hmm...well they're both forgiving, they both love their creation...I think the only difference is that your God needs to be pampered, and that He may die by human hands.

I dont know about you man, I stick to Allah.

You say that we are all slaves, a slave is demanded to do something, in Islam that would be to submit to Allah.

How can the love you talk of, apply to Allah, Forced love is devoid of sincerity.[/quote:b4b4453b98]

Where did I speak of forced love? I will quote myself again,

We always ask forgivness from the Creator. We always ask guidance and blessing. We always seek protection from evils by Him. We always want to please Him. We always pray to Him.[/quote:b4b4453b98]

what idea do you get about the relationship between us and God after reading that quote? I know for sure that Christians agree with the quote I gave, but it seems they never thought or wanted to think about it deeper. The only person who would do those things to another being is a slave to his master. Not a pal, nor a brother.

Yet non the less, our master is not a human master. Our master is God Himself, and God is all-merciful, all-wise, that makes us love Him. A slave may love His master, its not a rule that they hate each other, especialy that our master is God. I heard a lecture once about the forgivness of God in the judgment day. Very touching indeed.

he avoided many important points[/quote:b4b4453b98]

i did? please specify and i will be more than glad to answer.

what was your question? The pointless one about where I 'm going to be a priest? - That's your top question?[/quote:63d01cda96]

You bet it is my top question. How does a man, or boy, or whatever you are claim he IS TO BE PRIEST but have no clue about the Bible. How does a man who IS TO BE PREIST lack wisdom and humanity? You obviously have a difficulty in answering it or you would have been happy to answer this simple question by now. So here is another request, but is it falling on deaf ears, or fear of having to be truthful in your answer?

Tell me what question of yours has gone unanswered? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are ignoring the responses because maybe they are not to your liking? There is much good information to be found right on this site, and others have been listed as well. Even a good book was recommended.

No one is here to convert anyone to anything. If you have that intention, maybe you would be happier at some other site. Muslims do not have a problem my friend. But I feel sorry for you and people like you. I hope your intentions are sincere and if God wills, he will turn your face to the truth.

-Jennifer

You know you're very good at playing innocent, you avoid questions, because the answers would be in contradiction to your religion and when I raise valid questions and points, you accuse me of being inhuman, lack wisdom and am not fit to be a priest.

How can you say I have no clue about the Bible?

The fact is I have raised valid points in regard to both the Bible and the Qur'an, sometimes however instead of you simply answering questions, your moderator has in the past edited my posts and now in in one topic has closed the topic, "Jesus The Qur'an" topic and so has given me no chance of being able to answer you and and your buddies.

Answer that one, how can I reply to questions when the topic has been closed?

How can I make strong points when my posts are being edited, for fear of insulting the great Muhammad and Allah.

Why do you fear my point of view, surely you should be able to stand up and edfend yourselves without having to edit my posts and close topics up before I can reply.

Sister, You assume to much, I know the Bible, I don't know you, so I cannot say if you know it or not but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, it's the least I can do.

Preisthood, hmmm, Should I tell you? Is there any reason why I should tell you where I am going?

Will it serve any purpose, knowing where I will be going to be a priest? - NO

Sorry, but telling you that serves no purpose?

It is beyond the realm of reasonable questioning.

I do not say that I will not ever tell you but I don't want to at this moment because I know you not.

Matter of fact Whisper if u call what you are saying valid points then what lack of focus looks like. Sobhan Allah you seem to argue just for the sake of argument. Also we are gratefull to Allah Who brought you here. Being here and raising points, to which with Allah's guidance we make valid answers but you fail to or don't want to see, makes us praise Allah the Only One Deity for giving us the light and allowing us to study and learn more. And no Whisper no one of us avoids answering you fearing of contradiction of our religion. I suggest that you pls reread Purgetroy's reply to u. He made valid points to u unless you also fail to see them. As far as locking topics or editing posts, I think by registering to the forum, you must abide by the rules which were made clear. If you don't accept them, it is your problem not ours. We never invited you in any way. You came on board willingly.

The fact of the matter is that you have edited my posts and you have already closed a topic, not allowing me the opportunity to answer the questions posed.

Your response above is so watered down and tired, just like other replys in the past that all you can do is avoid my strong questions by dancing around them or by simply doing what you do best, when in doubt, edit posts and close topics.

Am I surprised? - No

Ok Whisper

You want us to answer the main question. Fine truly, I would logically lOVE AND RESPECT more a God who does not step a foot on earth or materilaize into a man. A God who materializes into a man, put on the cross praying and saying Oh Lord save me from this cup. Why would I love a god who eates, drinks and execuse me respond to the call of nature like any other human being. A Lord of the Worlds has to be of a super nature. One who is capable of managing the universe. One who can make me sleep tight and secure knowing He is there Awake eternally. This is the Lord I would like to have Whisper.

And sincerely I would like to give you a suggestion. We never have the intention to put you down or anything. Also I would strongly suggest that you just once keep your premature judgement and self defense mechanism aside and read the Quran without the fear to discover that It is correct.

And most welcome Whisper to our forum. smile.gif

I'll make it simpler (if it does get any simpler than it already is :roll: ), anyone, is more than welcome to come here and start a discussion as long as they talk clean, respect those they are discussing with, and respect that which you are discussing. If you stick to these laws, then I will stand by you against anyone who edited/deleted your posts.

If your questions/comments are not yet replyed to, please tell us what is it that you think we are ignoring specificaly, and inshallah we will answer them all.

I hope things are clearer now, enjoy your stay. I'm sure we all would like to learn more about you just like you surely want to learn more about us.

We all have our differences, but before we became that of a follower, we are all humans, brothers from one man and one woman.

May we start a new page now.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

- George Orwell

:wink:

Whisper,

are you angry becouse we closed the Forum"The Qur'an - Jesus" ?? and you said you cannot answer our questions becouse of this reason. so how about the other Forums ??? why you did not even pay attention on our questions there "An Important Quesion" and "Changes in the Bible" ??

however,we are willing to help you, to answer your questions INSHAA ALLAH and to cooperate with you in any matter you want. but pls once again there is no use of saying any bad word against Allah, Islam and Muhammad(PBUH).. is that OK for you Whisper ??

take care Whisper

wel_mel

[i:0ca58528dd]Proclaim: "You shall obey God and the messenger." If they turn away, God does not love the disbelievers." Surah 3:32[/i:0ca58528dd]

for short, Allah [b:0ca58528dd]doesn't[/b:0ca58528dd] love Christians like me.

i love the God of the Bible because I learned(after some studying) that He loves me.

i thought before, "how can you love Someone whom you can't even see?" but of course, i learned better.

now i think, "how can you love someone you can't see and who doesn't even love you?"

Allah loves conditionally, most humans love conditionally, but God [b:0ca58528dd]does not.[/b:0ca58528dd]

peace. smile.gif

AS Salam a`alman itaba`alohda

Oh amai you raised a very good point may Allah help me explain this to you.

Allah does not practice black mailing on us to worship Him. When He sends rain He sends on USA, England exactly like on Egypt and Saudi Arabia. People benefit regardless of their faith. He does not restrict usage on believers only. A pagan, a non believer, a Muslim or a disobedient believer all use His bounties. He allows plants to grow everywhere. He does not come and tell plants don’t allow a non believer to take you off or eat you. Did you ever see the sea refuses to carry a ship of non Muslims? Did you ever see the rain falling on a country where both Muslims and non Muslims reside when it allows only Muslims to benefit? Did you see rivers reject non Muslims to use its water for drinking? Of course not. In other words in this life Allah does not discriminate between those who believe in Him and those who don’t. No we all share His sustenance. It is His duty to sustain us being The Sustainer. And yet no one is forced. It will not make much difference to Him. He shall remain eternally the Only True Deity Who is Worthy to be worshiped. See even Satan knows very well that Allah is the Only One Allah Who begotten no one nor was He begotten. We the children of Adam were given practical training on that. However, I may go into more detail. Satan was from the Jinn who were living on earth. They messed up, got involved in killing unlike Satan who proved to be an excellent worshiper at that time. Allah rewarded him by taking him up to live among angles in heaven. When Allah decided to create mankind. He started with Adam who was made of mud, unlike Satan who was created of fire. Allah in an indication to show the angels that they shall be involved somehow or the other with this creature and his children commanded them to prostrate for him. They all obeyed immediately unlike Satan who was very arrogant to do so boldly telling Allah that he is made of fire so how come he prostrates to one made of mud. That was the beginning of our old and eternal enmity with Satan. Allah throw him out of His Mercy, yet allowed him time to live and prove his point. Mind you on the Day of Judgement Satan shall free himself of the responsibility towards those who followed him. But as long as Allah fully explained to us that we must worship only Him, sent us Prophets and Messengers, and allowed us a chance after the other. Then failure to do so we blame no one but ourselves.

Praise be to Allah who guided us to this and prayer and peace be upon His Messenger

Now to make it more simple for you to judge. Insh a Allah I will give you an example from real life:

Now if you are hired to work with Microsoft. Upon placement, you will be presented with the employment by law in order to know exactly what you must and must not do. You will be acquainted with your rights and responsibilities as well as penalties imposed in case of violating the by law in any way. Penalties of course vary between verbal, written warnings, salary deduction, holding of promotions or ever termination of services based on the over all evaluation. Now suppose you decided to attend at Oracle every single day. You were there just on time, very punctual, you always met the deadlines in terms of assignments and you accomplished your tasks in a highly professional manner. Will you still be paid by Microsoft and the end of the month? I gues not. Not only this, you will be fired for regular absence without an execuse. Can you hold Microsoft responsible? Of course not. You violated the by law.

One more important point I would like to add here. Both you and Whisper have been complaining about editing and deleting your posts. Let me ask you something. Did you notice any of us transgressing or dealing with you in an ill-mannered way? I guess not. Did you notice any of us speaking about Prophet Issa prayer and peace be upon him in an irrespectable manner. No way other wise we are in great trouble. See we are commanded to believe in all of the Messengers and Prophets of Allah and respect them totally. But both you and Whisper give yourself the right to adopt an irrespectable manner talking about Allah and Prophet Mohamed (PAPBUH) which we can not accept or else we will be in trouble. You just feel enthusiastic for being on an Islamic board and able to say whatever you want to. You feel that you really want to be a challenging provoking member who managed to steer firing discussions and was able huh to defeat those Muslims. Let me turn your questions. Why do you hate Muslims? And you know what this question came to me from someone who embraced Islam recently. She told me: strange people turned against me just the minute they found out. Same people she knew before. Can you answer this for me? As for us here on the board, why don’t you try to work on adopting a more friendly attitude towards people who did not harm you. After all we are all humans.

Thank you very much for your time. It is a long post though. Huh

i try to be open-minded here, and considered your posts.

i think you're saying that Allah doesn't discriminate. he treats Muslims and nonMuslims alike. He sends rain to Iraq, he sends one also in US.

He sustains everyone's very basic needs, even if we don't believe in him. because of that, he deserves to be worshipped. but why does he sustain our needs? because he loves us, cares for us, or just playing around?

i know you can't answer these questions, since you're definitely not Allah. you don't know what's going on in his mind and you don't know the reason for him doing these things.

but it seems to me as if he does that because he cares and loves us. if he doesn't love nonbelievers, he could just let it rain on most of Middle East more often and let the USA suffer from drought. but he doesn't do that, does he?(it's even the other way around!) is it safe to conclude that he loves us?

if he does, then that'll be contradicting Quran - a supposedly infallible book. if he doesn't, i don't know of any reason why he does amazing things for me. like how our group won 1st place at some contest, even for the fact that I asked the triune God for help. and mind you, no one expected that. our performance wasn't the best, i perceived that the audience were even bored. (i considered winning that contest a miracle!)

but then i guess, Allah isn't held accountable for what human's free will causes.

note: [i:c5cda70a91]us[/i:c5cda70a91] is mostly referred to nonbelievers in the post above.

When Allah decided to create mankind. He started with Adam who was made of mud,[/quote:c5cda70a91]

very interesting. (copied and pasted from carm.org)

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of [b:c5cda70a91][u:c5cda70a91]congealed blood[/b:c5cda70a91][/u:c5cda70a91]," (96:2).

"We created man from sounding clay, from [b:c5cda70a91][u:c5cda70a91]mud[/b:c5cda70a91][/u:c5cda70a91] moulded into shape," (15:26).

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from [b:c5cda70a91][u:c5cda70a91]dust[/b:c5cda70a91][/u:c5cda70a91], then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).

"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of [b:c5cda70a91][u:c5cda70a91]nothing?[/u:c5cda70a91][/b:c5cda70a91]" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).

"He has created man from a [b:c5cda70a91][u:c5cda70a91]sperm-drop[/b:c5cda70a91][/u:c5cda70a91]; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer!" (16:4).

no offense, but which is which? congealed blood/embryo, mud, dust, sperm-drop or nothing?(i double checked the verses with the quran i downloaded. just to let you know that i don't swallow everything written on Christian sites, and neither am i brainwashed.)

one more: what's with the [b:c5cda70a91]We[/b:c5cda70a91] thing? why does it seem as if Allah has someone who created humans with him? are there other creators(or gods)?

p.s.

if sometimes i sound blaspheming, sarcastic or insulting to you, i just want you to know that more often than not, i didn't mean to. (wow. i rhymed)

Finally amai we are getting on some mutual ground to talk. By the way I am not offended at all. Such points may seem puzzling to someone like you. However, I am in a hurry now. If u just wait Insh a Allah will give you all answers. Don't worry no contradiction non what so ever. And thank u for answering the other post. Will Insha Allah do more on that too. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Question:

Did Allaah create man from clay or from something else that is not fully described in the Qur’aan?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Allaah created Adam (peace be upon him) from the earth i.e., from what it contains. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Thereof (the earth) We created you, and into it We shall return you, and from it We shall bring you out once again”

[Ta-Ha 20:55]

He created him from the dust of the earth, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust…”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]

There are many similar verses in the Qur’aan.

Then the dust was combined with water to form clay, as the Lord of the Worlds says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who has created you from clay, and then has decreed a (stated) term (for you to die). And there is with Him another determined term (for you to be resurrected)”

[al-An’aam 6:2]

There are also many similar verses.

This clay was sticky – or it was said, viscous – as it says in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”

[al-Saaffaat 37:11]

Ibn Manzoor said: the words laazib (sticky) comes from the root lazuba which has the meaning of becoming sticky and solid.

Lisaan al-‘Arab, 1/738

Then this sticky clay became muntin (stinking). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud [min hama’in masnoon]”

[al-Hijr 15:26]

Al-Raazi said:

Al-hama’ means black mud.

(Mukhtaar al-Sihaah, p. 64).

It says in Lisaan al-‘Arab (1/61):

Al-hama’ means black, stinking mud. In the Qur’aan it says “min hama’in masnoon.”

And it says in Lisaan al-‘Arab (13/227):

“Masnoon means muntin (stinking), as in the verse ‘min hamaa’in masnoon.’ Abu ‘Amr said: this means altered and stinking. Abu’l-Haytham said: sunna al-ma’, fa huwa masnoon, i.e., the water changed, so it was altered (masnoon).”

When this mud was mixed with sand, it became salsaal (dried clay).

Al-Raazi said:

Salsaal is hot mud mixed with sand, so it starts to clank or clatter when it dries. If it is baked with fire it becomes fired clay or earthenware pottery.

Mukhtaar al-Sihaah, 1/154.

It says in Lisaan al-‘Arab (11/382):

Al-Salsaal min al-teen (clay made from mud) is that which has not been made into pottery. Any mud or clay that dries is described as salla saleelan (rattling or clattering) … i.e., it makes a noise like new pottery. Thus salsaal is likened to pottery, as in the verse,

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”

[al-Rahmaan 55:14 – interpretation of the meaning]

All of this is confirmed by the hadeeth of Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Allaah created Adam from a handful that He gathered from the entire earth, so the sons of Adam come like the earth. Some of them are red, some are white, some are black and some are in between. Some of them are easy, some of them are difficult, some are evil and some are good.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2955; Abu Dawood, 4693. Al-Tirmidhi said that this hadeeth is hasan saheeh, and it was classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 14/29; al-Haakim, 2/288; and al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3926).

This is how Adam was created: from the earth – i.e. from its dust – which was then mixed with water to form mud, which then became black, stinking mud. And this dust was created from the earth which is partly sand and when it is mixed it becomes sounding clay like the clay of pottery.

Hence when Allaah describes the creation of Adam in the Qur’aan, in each case He describes one of the stages through which his creation passed and through which the mud was formed. So there is no contradiction in the verses of the Qur’aan.

Then after that the sons of Adam started to multiply and they were created through water which is the sperm and fluids which are emitted by men and women, as is well known.

This is explained by the Qur’aan in the verses (interpretation of the meanings):

“And it is He Who has created man from water, and has appointed for him kindred by blood, and kindred by marriage”

[al-Furqaan 25:54]

“Then He made his offspring from semen of despised water (male and female sexual discharge)”

[al-Sajdah 32:8]

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

When the perfection, complete power, all-encompassing knowledge, ever-executed will and utmost wisdom of the Lord decreed that His creation should be of materials of different kinds, and that they should vary in their forms and attributes and natures, His wisdom decreed that He should take a handful of dust from the earth, then mix it with water. So it became like black stinking mud. Then the wind was sent upon it and it dried out, until it became clay like pottery. Then it was given shape and limbs and faculties, and each part of it was given a shape suited to its purpose.

Then he mentioned how people are created by means of intercourse and the emission of semen.

Al-Tabaayun fi Aqsaam al-Qur’aan, p. 204

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Question:

Why does Allah(SWT) at times speak in the plural form in the Quran?

Jazak Allah Khair.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The answer is in two parts:

In general terms, every believer must believe that every action of Allaah has great wisdom behind it, and there is no need for it to be explained in full to every person. This is a kind of test, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… that He may test you which of you is best in deed…” [al-Mulk 67:2]

To answer this question in more detail: the Qur’aan was revealed in the language of the Arabs, and in Arabic it is as correct to use the plural when speaking of one person as it is to use the singular. But the plural is used for respect and glorification, and no one is more deserving of respect and glorification than Allaah. So the singular is used to affirm the fact that He is One and has no partner or associate, and the plural is used to affirm His glory and majesty, may He be exalted.

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) wrote in Majmaoo’ al-Fataawaa (5/128) some words which may be of interest to us here:

“With regard to Allaah’s closeness to us, sometimes it is mentioned in the singular, as in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them) I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me…’ [al-Baqarah 2:186] and the hadeeth: ‘The One on Whom you call is closer to any one of you than the neck of his riding-camel’, and sometimes in the plural, as in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… And We are nearer to Him than his jugular vein’ [Qaaf 50:16]. This is like the aayaat (interpretation of the meanings): ‘We recite to you…’ [al-Qasas 28:3] and ‘We relate unto you…’ [Yoosuf 12:3]. Such usage in Arabic refers to the one who is great and has helpers who obey him; when his helpers do something by his command, he says ‘We did it,’ as a king might say, ‘We conquered this land and we defeated this army,’ and so on.”

Further important details may be found under question # 606 . And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Question:

Why does the Quran use the term "we" in its ayats?

Many non-believers believe that this may be in reference to Jesus?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue. (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.” (Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers. If an aayah of this type is causing confusion, it is essential to refer to the clear, unambiguous aayaat for clarification, and if a Christian, for example, insists on taking ayaat such as “Verily, We: it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e., the Qur’an)” [al-Hijr 15:9 – interpretation of the meaning] as proof of divine plurality, we may refute this claim by quoting such clear and unambiguous aayaat as (interpretation of the meanings): “And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful” [al-Baqarah 2:163] and “Say: He is Allaah, the One” [al-Ikhlaas 112:1] – and other aayaat which can only be interpreted in one way. Thus confusion will be dispelled for the one who is seeking the truth. Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.” (Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

i haven't read the posts fully yet.(too long, next time maybe)

but it's nice to know you guys have already covered this. i'll post my comments later. smile.gif

Jazaki Allah kharian sister Amira

Mash a Allah she brought to you amai very good replies. However, presenting more simple explanation shall not harm. It will only double your efforts amai for reading all of them smile.gif

He sustains everyone's very basic needs, even if we don't believe in him. because of that, he deserves to be worshipped. but why does he sustain our needs? because he loves us, cares for us, or just playing around?

[b:b0010f2c1b]He sustains our needs because we are His creation and a Creator does not neglect His Creation. One of His Names is Al Qaiyoum One who supports, takes care and provides. So through His names we benefit regardless of our faith. Cann’t u see this. He gives His creation a chance after another to repent and return to Him. He treats the non believers through His Name Al Sabour: The All Patient. [/color:b0010f2c1b][/b:b0010f2c1b]

but it seems to me as if he does that because he cares and loves us. if he doesn't love nonbelievers, he could just let it rain on most of Middle East more often and let the USA suffer from drought. but he doesn't do that, does he?(it's even the other way around!) is it safe to conclude that he loves us?

[b:b0010f2c1b]Of course He cares for His Creation and He is always waiting for them to repent and realize the truth. He gives chances, explains through signs, but never forces. Simply because He does not need to. And actually you failed to see the point in this. You just switched it around. I told you He does not force us. But then He can not be held accountable if we violate the rules. And the final results are in the Day After. [/b:b0010f2c1b]

1. "Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).

2. "We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape," (15:26).

3. "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).

4. . "But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).

5. "He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer!" (16:4)

sobhan Allah we sure are disputers .

When Allah Is talking about creating children of Adam from nothing #4 He confirms that children of Adam is part of the whole creation which originally was created from nothing. And actually it is a reminder from Allah for us to realize our situation and position. I think you know that. While verse 1. Allah challenged mankind to bring one verse similar to the Quran. They can not because 1400 years ago, He explained the medical evolution of an embryo. This was part of the miraculous Quran. However, in this verse He presented to us that after His original creation, we shall procreate in this way.

In another position, #2 He clarifies exactly the substance of which Adam was made of and was the reason for Satan to become arrogant. Which is the moulded clay. Again in verse 3 He is addressing people like you telling you don’t you see Issa is like Adam who was made from dust and then commanded him be and he was. So why are you disputing about Issa. In other words Issa is just a human being a child of Adam just like him. You tend to see half the verse read the rest of it. You will understand more. Read until 61. And if you want I can tell you why this verse was revealed.

He Then for further explanation Allah specifically clarifies the creation of Adam from mud which is dust mixed with water. That was the creation of Adam the first of mankind. However, Allah gave us the ability of procreation. And He clearly explained as it is from the blood clot. No contradiction at all amai. Each position is totally different from the other.

Then #5 is again explaining in full the life cycle of the embryo to remind us of our origin and blame us that after this we turn into disputers. In fact we are. As you see no contradiction at all. But each position is explaining a stage of the creation and serves a purpose.

And by the way do you know that Prophet Issa peace and prayer be upon him spoke in the cradle when he was an infant. If you want to know tell me.

And Allah Knows best

For me Allah of the Quran is more noble.

Allah of the Quran wants us to use our minds,He wants us to see every thing around us,to look to the sky,earth,animals,seas....to look to ourselves,He wants us to listen to his prophets and after that to think,to use our minds.then to believe in him or not this will be our free decision,and we will responsible for this decision.

My thinking led me to believe that there is must be a creator and manager for the universe and He is only one.

this is the God of Muslems,even all Christians are believe in this God.

But why I believe that this God step foot on the earth,no need for that,there is nothing prove that,only the other`s words.

Why I trust in the others and did`nt trust in my thinking.

After the end of Prophets time ,we have only our minds to guide us to the truth.