NaSra

Is It True That Babies Can See Angels?

53 posts in this topic

Asalamalaykum

Alhamdulilah we have a new baby in our home and she always smiles. A lot of the elders keep saying "oh the angels are making her smile" "when babies smile the angels entertain them" etc I've been hearing that ever since I was a toddler biggrin.gif. I'm really facinated with those terms and I was just wondering if anyone can back that up with some ayat from the quraan or any authentic hadeeth. I want to know if this is a cultural believe or something that is believed to be true in our deen. It's hard for me to tell them apart.

If anyone could shed some light on this, would be appreciated InshaAllah

jezekelah khayr in advance

Salams

hey 26 views and not one feedback wacko.gif

I guess No one knows what I am talking about huh. Maybe its a myth after all. unsure.gif oh well.

as salam alykom

No sister I know what u r talking about, but Sobhan Allah for some reason I just saw the thread now.

Well I also hear the same thing. But I dont have an evidence. O may be people make anology to the hadeeth that when the donkey makes a sound he saw a shaytan while when the cock makes a sound he saw an angle. I am not sure why they say that unsure.gif may be we can check.....

Alsalam 'alaykom

Well I just saw this tooo biggrin.gif, It is true sisters, our scholar told this in one of his lectures,

But till what age I dont know , I will ask again later .

Wasalam

biggrin.gif well, i personally haven't heard of this thing before........but i think that if Allah's will is to show angels to the babies so wat can we say? rolleyes.gif .........but be assured that i've seen a doco in BBC that says that a baby constantly make expressions.........ans sometimes the babay isn't aware of y he/she is smiliing or frowning

Alsalam 'alaykom

well the BBC do not accept or know what we know do they smile.gif

Wasalam

Unprovocted facial expressions are probably caused by the fact that babies have never seen ANYTHING before and are thus facinated by things like turkey basters, the moon, nickels, and their own fingers. Why would God only let babies, who are incapable of doing anything, see angels? You think he'd let all the nuts who start wars all over the world see the angels so they'd chill out.

Probably not. Mainly because I don't believe in angels, but you can share your opinions with me.

(On a side note, going back to what I said earlier; I recall being very young and being entranced by this measuring cup. There are even pictures of me playing with it. I think that measuring cup was supposed to be a sibling of mine who, through some clerical karma error, ended up in a cup.)

Assalamualaykum....

anyway, do we have any authentic prove on this, either pro or contra?

so it would make this discussion mean much more....

as salam alykom Arif

why dont u help and search while we try too Insh a Allah smile.gif

Asalamalaykum

Yaseerah who is the baby I was talking about, has now the whoobing cough, she's only 2 months, please make dua for her as its all scarring us to watch her cough like that, she's soo little and going through so much.sad.gif

The doctor also told us that its a life threartening sickness for under one year olds.

My uncles have been reciting surah yaseeen on her a lot and she's already coughing less now then the first few weeks, but she still coughs. Its so amazing no matter how much she's going through she still smiles MashaAllah.

la hawla wala qowata ila billah

may Allah heal her fast Insh a Allah and makes her a comfort of the eye to her parents. Let them recite fatiha sister it is a comprehensive ruqiya according to hadeeth. Let them recite it with the intention of treatment Insh a Allah I will also post to u dua for treatment.

as salam alykom

U put your hand on the harmed spot of the body and say:

Bismellah 3 times

then aoudh billah wa qodrateh min shar ma ajed wa uhadher 7 times

if u making this to someone u address saying

u`eedudhka billah wa qodrateh min shar ma tajed wa tuhadher

Asalam 'alaykom

anyway, do we have any authentic prove on this, either pro or contra?

so it would make this discussion mean much more....

no harm Radiyah explain

Insha'Allah I will look for it, I have another matter now in hand have to finish that first huh.gif , I ask Allah to give me the strength to continue what I started.

Probably not. Mainly because I don't believe in angels, but you can share your opinions with me.

Insha'Allah we will all, but I hope u won't be sarcastic as u always are.

Yaseerah who is the baby I was talking about, has now the whoobing cough, she's only 2 months, please make dua for her as its all scarring us to watch her cough like that, she's soo little and going through so much.sad.gif

May Allah bless her and cure her insha'Allah, read Quran on her and also give her pure honey after her father reads verses of healing in the Quran,

Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem :

"And your Lord inspired the bee, saying: "Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect.

"Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)." There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think.

(An-Nahl 16:68,69)

also read here the healing by Quran and dates

http://www.islamicvoice.com/april.2001/quran.htm

Wasalam 'alaykom wa rahamat Allah

biggrin.gif I agree that when Allah decides to show a certian person something, then there's no reason to doubt it smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Still, u cannot say, only because a baby starts to laugh or smile, the baby is seeing angels. We see babies smiling everywhere, on their own. awwwwww......aren't they adorable wub.gif

I believe in that to institution, angels are out there to protect us and make us feel happy. There is always one looking down on us and protecting us. I'm a christian and no matter how different we are we both believe in the same thing. My parents are christians and i didn't really accept being one until now. There is always a phenomenon out there and that one thing changed my whole perspective. My parents are very happy for that and they respect me for it. I have alot of islamic friends and we chat and stuff and we are no different to others that belong to different beliefs. I'm a much happier person now and I feel protected by a lot of things especially angels

i don't whether this is true... but someone told me that the ratio of angels:devils:humans goes like this 90:9:1

do anyone know about this? or am i mistaken?

Hey Joshua Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you joined.

InshaAllah enjoy your stay, and I pray that Allah makes your stay beneficial.

May Allah guide your heart towards the truth.

You have always shown me a lot of interest in islam thats why I introduced you to this site. I hope that A lot of your questions get answered.

your class-mate

Nasra

Oh subhanaAllah I forgot to let you all know, that my little-cute-cousin yaseerah is healthy again alhamdulilah. Jezekelah khayran for the prayers and all the dua's and the Ayahs that Muslimah and Radiyah provided. Shukran katheeraan.

MaSalama