amma

Thought of the Week

115 posts in this topic

(Assalam)

Al-Mustaurid narrated that Prophet (SAW) said :

By Allah, this world (is so insignificant in comparison) to the hereafter that if one of you should dip his finger, (pointing with his forefinger), in the ocean and then he should see as to what has stuck to it. (Muslim, No 2858)

Bismillah

As salam alaikum

I notice that the prophet does not say what drips from the finger but what actually adheres to the finger. Big difference in the amount of water. smile.gif

As salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

(Assalam)

"The world is but a moment, so make it a moment of obedience"

(Imam Al-Shafi)

can i just add one more quote by imam ash shafi'i

"All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge

and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds

and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere

and those who are sincere are aways in a state of worry"

(Assalam)

Prophet (SAW) said:

"He whom death overtakes while he is engaged in acquiring knowlegde with a view to revive Islam with the help of it, there will be one degree between him an the Prophets in Paradise" [ Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 249]

salam

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). "

(Quran 49:13)

(Assalam)

Prophet (SAW) said:

"He whom death overtakes while he is engaged in acquiring knowlegde with a view to revive Islam with the help of it, there will be one degree between him an the Prophets in Paradise" [ Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 249]

biggrin.gif masha allah.........isn't that grear.....what can a Muslim want more?

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 5:

Narrated Abu Bakr:

I said to the Prophet while I was in the Cave. "If any of them should look under his feet, he would see us." He said, "O Abu Bakr! What do you think of two (persons) the third of whom is Allah?"

salam

Once the Prophet (SAW) came to the masjid for salaat, where he noticed some poepl luaging and giggling. He remarked:

"If you remembered your death, i would not see you like this. Think of your death often. Not a single day passes when the grave does not call out: 'I am a milderness', i am a place of dust, i am a place of worms'. When a momin is alaid in the grave it says ; Welcome to you. It is good of you to have come into me. Of all the people walking on the earth, i liked you the best. Now that you have come into me, you will see how i entertain you. It then expands as far as the occupant can see. A door from paradise is opened for him in the grave and through this door, he gets the fresh and fragrant air of the paradise.

But when an evil man is laid in the grave it says; 'Now ord of welcome for you. Your coming into me is very bad for you. Of all the person walking of the earth, i disliked you most. Now that you have been made over to me, you will see how i treat you. It then closes upon him so much that his ribs of one side penetrates into the ribs of the other. As many as seventy serpents are then set upon him, to keep biting him till the day of ressurection. These serpents are so venomous that if one of them happned to spurt its venom upon the earth, not a single blade of grass would ever grow."

After this the Prophet (SAW) said

" The grave is either a garden of paradise or a pit of hell"

Bismillah

As Salam alaikum

Jazaki Allah. May we all remember the grave as we go about our daily lives. Maybe this reminder will help us to purify our intensions, stay away from evil, and focus on the important things in life.

As Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Salam

Allaah the Most High says, describing His great book:

"Allaah has sent the best speech as a Book, its parts resemble each other, it repeats in goodness and truth throughout, the skins of those who fear their Lord shiver out of fear, and then their skins and hearts are at peace and soothed by the remembrance of Allaah. This is indeed the guidance of Allaah by whom He guides whomsoever He wishes." [az-Zumar:23]

{… best of speech}: meaning the most potent, most truthful and the most just is the Qur’aan.

{… book similar and resembling itself}: meaning similar in its miracles, guidance and particular characteristics that it resembles itself from part to part.

{… repeating itself}: repeating the laws and regulations, the admonition, the stories and etiquettes.

{… shudder and shiver}: that is, shiver and shudder from their roots.

{… at peace}: that they are at peace, tranquil and soft.

salam

Volume 9, Book 86, Number 105:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "The one who takes back his gift is like a dog swallowing its own vomit, and we (believers) should not act according to this bad example."

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 56:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

افضل الجهاد كلمة حق عند سلطان جائر

salam

Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin `Ajlan Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The person nearest to Allah is one who is the first to offer greeting.''

[Abu Dawud].

The narration in At-Tirmidhi is: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked: "O Messenger of Allah! When two persons meet, who should greet the other first?'' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The person nearest to Allah (i.e., one who is more obedient and therefore closer to Allah will say: As-Salam first.''

Commentary: The degree of a man's humbleness and modesty will be measured by the degree of his nearness to Allah. One who is nearer to Allah is always the first to offer As-Salam to others, while others stick to their stuck-up behaviour

Narrated Sa'd:

'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked permission of Allah's Apostle to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him and they were asking him to give them more financial support while raising their voices over the voice of the Prophet. When 'Umar asked permission to enter, all of them hurried to screen themselves the Prophet admitted 'Umar and he entered, while the Prophet was smiling. 'Umar said, "May Allah always keep you smiling, O Allah's Apostle! Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you !" The Prophet said, "I am astonished at these women who were with me. As soon as they heard your voice, they hastened to screen themselves." 'Umar said, "You have more right, that they should be afraid of you, O Allah's Apostle!" And then he ('Umar) turned towards them and said, "O enemies of your souls! You are afraid of me and not of Allah's Apostle?" The women replied, "Yes, for you are sterner and harsher than Allah's Apostle." Allah's Apostle said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is, whenever Satan sees you taking a way, he follows a way other than yours!"

Volume 9, Book 86, Number 85:

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

The Prophet said, 'O people! The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions, and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So, whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle, and whoever emigrated to take worldly benefit or for a woman to marry, then his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Hadeeth Qudsi 18:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

It was related by Muslim.

"Ramadhan has come to you. (It is) a month of blessing, in which Allah covers you with blessing, for He sends down mercy, decreases sins and answers prayers. In it, Allah looks at your competition (in good deeds), and boasts about you to His angels. So show Allah goodness from yourselves, for the unfortunate one is he who is deprived in (this month) of the mercy of Allah, the mighty, the exalted." [Tabarani]

Sahih Bukhari Hadith Vol.2, Hadith. 375,

Narrated by Abdullah bin Ubaidullah bin Abi Mulaika

One of the daughters of 'Uthman died at Mecca. We went to attend her funeral

procession. Ibn 'Umar and Ibn Abbas were also present. I sat in between them (or

said, I sat beside one of them. Then a man came and sat beside me.) 'Abdullah

bin 'Umar said to 'Amr bin 'Uthman,"Will you not prohibit crying as Allah's Apostle has said, 'The dead person is tortured by the crying of his relatives?" Ibn Abbas said, "Umar used to say so." Then he added narrating, "I accompanied Umar on a journey from Mecca till we reached Al-Baida. There he saw some travelers in the shade of a Samura (A kind of forest tree).

He said (to me), 'Go and see who those travelers are.' So I went and saw that one of them was Suhaib. I told this to 'Umar who then asked me to call him. So I went back to Suhaib and said to him, 'Depart and follow the chief of the faithful believers.' Later, when 'Umar was stabbed, Suhaib came in weeping and saying, 'O my brother, O my friend!' (on this 'Umar said to him, 'O Suhaib! Are you weeping for me while the Prophet said, "The dead person is punished by some of the weeping of his relatives?" ' Ibn Abbas added, "When 'Umar died I told all this to 'Aisha and she said, 'May Allah be merciful to Umar.

By Allah, Allah's Apostle did not say that a believer is punished by the weeping of his relatives. But he said, Allah increases the punishment of a non-believer because of the weeping of his relatives." 'Aisha further added, "The Quran is sufficient for you (to clear up this point) as Allah has stated: 'No burdened soul will bear another's burden.' " (35.18). Ibn Abbas then said, "Only Allah makes one laugh or cry." Ibn Umar did not say anything after that.

Allah said: "O you who believe! Let not your money or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. If any act as such, then surely they are the losers." (Qur'an, 63:9)

The Prohpet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: "No servant will be let go on the day of judgment until he is asked about the four matters: His lifetime: How did he spend it? His knowledge: What did he use it for? His money: Where did he gain it from and what did he spend in it? And his body: In what did he wear it away?" (at-Tirmidhee)

The Prophet (pbuh) said: combat the self with hunger and thirst, for the reward thereof is like the reward of the one who strives (mujahid) for the sake of God.' There is no commitment dearer to God than that of hunger and thirst.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead