Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UmmHabibah

Calling Abu Dujanah

33 posts in this topic

Assalam aleikum

I haven't seen any post by our brother Abu Dujanah recently? I for one miss reading them.

Just because we may not agree with each other on every word doesn't mean we don't benefit from one another.

I hope I see some from the brother soon Inshallah.

Assalam aleikum

Discussion boards can be very deceptive, muslims from different countries and cultures. And its difficult to judge a persons intention sometimes. Everyone at different levels in knowlege etc. But the sincere muslim is the one who will be patient and think well of his brother ( lets make 70 excuses).

We can benefit one another with a bit of sabr and adab.

And this is a good reminder for myself first and then my brothers/sisters. Lets purify our intention, and if youre intention is feesibelillah, so Alhamduillah it doesn't matter what responce you get. Because you still get the hasanat of intention and enjoining the good.

From Jaabir (radiyallaahu 'anhu) who said that Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallam) said:

Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!

Lets try to be of benefit to one another Inshallah, and i do benefit from your posts!

Maybe you could rethink your reasons.....a bit of sabr Abu Dujanah.

assalam aleikum wa rahmatuallah

Walaykum Salaam

Thats true.

Yeah got to have Sabr.

Sister can you give me some advice on how to deal with apologetics?

I just cant stand them, really.

Assalam aliekum

Nice to see you akhee. Alhamduillah.

Allah Most High has said:

Those who do not bear witness to what is false, but when they pass by pointless talk, pass by with dignity, [25:72]

"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish." (Al-A`raaf 7:199)

If a person abides by this aayah, it would suffice and cure him. It calls for:

Good manners in dealing with people: by forgiving them and showing them compassion to the limits of one's character and nature.

Fulfilling Allah's rights in people by enjoining what is good, which applies to matters that the minds attest to their goodness and merit, based on what Allah has commanded.

Avoiding their evil: to ward off the harm resulting from their ignorance, without trying to avenge himself.

From Ibn Qayyim:

as salam alykom Abu

I thought of starting a new thread simply because non Muslims or others may get the idea that we are totally against Jihad, and the rest, I just thought it is best to present our ideas in a better format. We are not apologitics Abu Alhamdulelah, we believe in Jihad being part of Islam, we can not love or side with non muslims ( I think u noticed this on another thread) I can disagree witih u, but we remain brothers and sisters in Islam, slavery is not part of Islam, it was there, Allah regulated it and meant to dry its sources. We only have few points of disagreement, but we are not apologizing for our prefect religion. I just have not been on regularly lately. Insh aAllah I will start this thread

Wa aleikum salam sis muslimah

Sister a lot of misunderstanding can be avoided as long as we bring da'eel and not speak our own opinions. We are not allowed to have opinions on matters of shariah.

"slavery is not part of Islam"

Would you please produce da'eel for this. JazakallahKharian.

as salam alykom

let me ask u another quetion may be this would help settle the issue. Did Islam come to further institute or eliminate slavery? pls think well before answering and just ponder on the many ayahs that set freeing slaves as an expiation for major sins.

waiting for your reply ukhti.

hey guys, what's happening?

hey abu dujanah, i know what your all upset about. it's me isn't it.

i scared you and i'm sorry. don't leave just because of me. i am not worth it and i will be the first to say so. you have friends here who seem to care about you, so don't turn your back on them because of an infidel, and i deserve this. i will torment you no more. see yah. wwjd.

besides, i will be moving to canada soon. salaam to all. i love you.

as salam a`alaman itab`alhoda

wwjd I dont think Abu Dujanah would be scared of u, I dont think any of us muslims would be scared either. Sobhan Allah, from my experience usually non muslims attack so much simply because they see Islam is the truth, yet dont want to believe in themselves, out of fear of change, community reaction, arrogance and many other reasons. Alhamdulelah, we are sure we are correct, and certainly Abu knows this very well, dont get misguided, we may aruge with him, yet we remain brothers and sisters tightly linked with Islam Alhamdulelah, u may stay Insh a Allah Allah help us to help u if u r willing to learn.

other wise it is up to u, I think Canada do have internet:rolleyes:

thank you so much for your words of wisdom. i really wanted to be friends with abu and i thought maybe i might meet hims someday, but i am moving and i will be unable to afford the internet because my living situations will be tight. so i wish you guys all the love and luck in dealing with the difficult situation that september 11 has caused for everyone. see you around.

wwjd

We should not be so emotional. Isn't the condition for many of the expiations regarding "freeing a slave" that the slave be a Mu'min? Yes, it is permissible and good to free a Kaafir slave, but it is not the same reward nor value as freeing a Muslim.

And even though it is good to free a Kaafir slave, then was this the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam) and his companions -- I mean to free ALL the slaves? Didn't the Prophet (Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam) and his companions live and die owning slaves? No scholar nor Muslim holds them blameworthy due to this.

Also, many of the scholars have spoken about the Mafaasid (harms) of dropping this Shar3. They mention, amongst many, adultery/fornication. How? Because people who don't have the means to marriage, but could instead fulfill their desires through slave girls, end up committing Zinaa. And because many people who need help in the house hire females to do the work, and commit Zinaa with them. If they had slave girls, it would be Halaal for them to have relations with them. These two harms were mentioned by Shaykh al-Albaanee in one of his tapes. Also, Muslimaat are worked out by the extensive amount of work they have at home, had they had slave girls in the house to help them, it would make their lives easier.

I want to add that its an attribute of the Taa'ifah al-Mansoorah to obtain its Rizq from its enemies. Rizq includes food, money, and women. This has been abondaned by many.

Rather than calling to the further decay of this Shar3, I really think one should be thankful to Allaah for this great Ni3mah and make Du3aa' that it is revived.

My point also is, don't think that freeing all Kaafirs until there is no more slavery is the Sunnah of the Prophet, Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam.

hi abu. i am glad that i did not scare you from this website. you sounded upset, i had to say something, but i will not talk to you again-well not for a while anyway. i am glad that i am moving. my boyfriend and i have a small condo near toronto and i will be working in a new day care there-less private than the one here.

they just raised the terror threat level to orange. i don't know if that means anything to you but fyi. see yah. wwjd

why do you say that? i thought you would answer to the rest of my thread, not just the last part. honestly, abu. may GOD help you to change a little if ever we meet again. wwjd

Your changing the topic. If you want to discuss other matters please start another thread.

Also are you interested in learning about Islam? If so then we can talk properly Insha Allah {God Willing}

Bismillah

As salam alaikum

In Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarakpuri's Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar), it says that the Prophet freed his slaves before dying (Chapter titled The Journey to Allah, the Sublime, page 477 in the english version).

"On Sunday, a day before he died, The Prophet saws set his slaves free, paid as a charity the seven Dinars he owned and gave his weapons as a present to the Muslims (477)."

As salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Originally posted by wwjd

hi abu. i am glad that i did not scare you from this website. you sounded upset, i had to say something, but i will not talk to you again-well not for a while anyway. wwjd

as salam a`alaman itba`alhoda wwjd

with all due respect to Abu, let us not make a big deal, whether he posts or not, whether I post or not, whether any of us post or not, the message of Islam shall remain to spread dont worry, simply because Allah wants it this way, we may even die and Islam shall continue to grow and spread. Shall continue to touch the hearts of those who are willing to see the truth. So just relax, focus on your activity on the web site. Just let Abu decide what he wants to do, I am sure he knows better. We are here to be busy with Allah not with any of His creation.

hope u got my point

Alsalam 'alaykom.

Sister can you give me some advice on how to deal with apologetics?

I just cant stand them, really.

Y is that Abu, we are all here brothers and sisters and if we differ in views, it shouldn't reach to point of hate, and we will never stand on the side of kafir against u, u are mistaken, if u think I hurt u some where in a post I apologize, I am a muslim, Allah taught us to love all our brothers and sisters in Islam, if we differ it should not reach to hate, may Allah Almighty forgive us all if we are mistaken.

Avoiding their evil: to ward off the harm resulting from their ignorance, without trying to avenge himself.

Umhabiba may Allah forgive u, u think we are evil, but u should know that da'wa is a very sinsitive subject and any matter u want to present to non muslims should be from a right approach and angle, we do not disagree with abu in jihad, nor in slavery, nor in any matter

he talked about, it is only the way matters were approached, maybe we went a bit far not understanding his points, but it doesn't reach to the point that we are evil.

If I misunderstood u please accept my apologies . and may Allah almighty join us all brothers and sisters under his throne on judgement day, and only then those who did not choose Islam will wish they were never born, they will wish they wither to sand. May Allah help us to serve him and to serve our relegion, throwing away all differences between each other.

wa alsalam 'alaykom wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh.

Assalam aleikum

Raydiya, I just posted the tafseer of the ayat by Ibn Qayyim. A good reminder for all muslims, wouldn't you agree?

And may Allah tala forgive all muslims ameen.

Sis Muslimah, I think the post of Abu Dujanah answered your question, no need for me to elaborate.

Sister Radiyah,

I just asked a question to umm habibah becuase i come accross alot of apologists {espically in the west}......

Ukthee i think u misunderstood me....

Sister Umhabibah, thanku for answering and sorry again if I misundersttod u.

Brother Abu, my apologies again for misunderstanding u.

And I hope Allah Almighty will forgive our ignorance and unite us to serve him only.

Wa salam 'alaykom wa rahmat Allah.

Originally posted by Abu Dujanah

As salam alykom

what I am about to do is never my way but well I think I must:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should not be so emotional. Isn't the condition for many of the expiations regarding \"freeing a slave\" that the slave be a Mu'min? Yes, it is permissible and good to free a Kaafir slave, but it is not the same reward nor value as freeing a Muslim.

And even though it is good to free a Kaafir slave, then was this the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam) and his companions -- I mean to free ALL the slaves? Didn't the Prophet (Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam) and his companions live and die owning slaves? No scholar nor Muslim holds them blameworthy due to this.

didn't the Messenger of Allah free around 100.000 war prisoners when he opened Mecca, while they could have been all slaves, they were all still kafirs?  

Also, many of the scholars have spoken about the Mafaasid (harms) of dropping this Shar3. They mention, amongst many, adultery/fornication. How? Because people who don't have the means to marriage, but could instead fulfill their desires through slave girls, end up committing Zinaa. And because many people who need help in the house hire females to do the work, and commit Zinaa with them. If they had slave girls, it would be Halaal for them to have relations with them. These two harms were mentioned by Shaykh al-Albaanee in one of his tapes. Also, Muslimaat are worked out by the extensive amount of work they have at home, had they had slave girls in the house to help them, it would make their lives easier.

what did the Messenger of Allah (SAW) tell his daughter fatima when she went after one of his battles asking for a slave from among the sabaya to help her around the house work? he taught to say sobhan Allah 33, Alhamdulelah 33 and Allahu Akbar 34 before she went to sleep, so we do the same  

I want to add that its an attribute of the Taa'ifah al-Mansoorah to obtain its Rizq from its enemies. Rizq includes food, money, and women. This has been abondaned by many.

Rather than calling to the further decay of this Shar3, I really think one should be thankful to Allaah for this great Ni3mah and make Du3aa' that it is revived.

My point also is, don't think that freeing all Kaafirs until there is no more slavery is the Sunnah of the Prophet, Sallallaahu 3alayhi wa Sallam.

the difference we are talking about is that and I hope u really see the point this time, simply because I usually avoid arguing for the sake of Allah and following the Messenger's sunnah, is that slavery was there, Islam did not come to institute it or stress it, but rather to dry its sources. Allah by making many expiation of sin favorable to free a slave is certainly drying its source. Simply like polygyny. It was there, Allah regulated it only to 4 (I agree with u on this) it is not conditional. I dont want to go off topic.

wa Allah u a`alem